How we do it
Dam-Assist Service’s ‘Landline Dredge System’ ~ A new concept of Dredging and Dam Cleaning, realising the need for excavation of solids from large wet areas, coupled with an awareness of the importance of ‘Water Conservation, compliance and/or capacity’ in Australia.
- The innovative use of ‘Ruston Bucyrus’ Dragline reliability, combined with engineering consultation to a standard, enabled us to reconfigure the original dragline operation into the excavation of sediment from a desired distance and the retrieval and loading of sediment into trucks for transport.
- The 2m3 ‘purpose designed’ bucket is winched across the dam to the desired reach, via a wire rope on the Dragline’s additional 3rd winch, through a ‘Pulley’, connected to a ‘Mobile Anchor Point’,(Tractor), on the opposite bank.
- Retrieval by the Dragline is via the ‘Drag’ rope at front of bucket, while the ‘hoist’ rope can lift the back of the bucket, enabling excavation, forcing the sediment in till full.
- Upon retrieval back at the Dragline, the bucket is lifted up and slewed around for loading directly into our Semi-Chassis Tip trucks, for delivery to the designated dump site, or for tipping ‘up and over’, the bank.
- A variety of buckets have been developed, with various cutting edges and of sizes dependent upon relative density of sediment to be excavated.
Truck Tip Head Procedure
As with all facets of Dam-Assist’s operations, a Safe Work Procedure has been developed to safeguard the Transportation and Unloading of Sediment.
Before commencement of operations a ‘Steel Tipping Berm’, with a metre of conveyor rubber attached at the top of the3m wide, 500mm high, back of Berm, is established at the designated ‘Tip head’ ensuring;
- a ‘level’ platform to discharge every load to avoid wet sediment undermining the Berm.
- Truck cannot be reversed over void
- Safety of Truck and Operator
Note: Steel tipping berm under rear 2 ‘lazy’ axles of tipping trailer further stabilises berm.
‘Overcentre’ Air Tailgate locks are implemented to ensure containment of wet waste and assist in the efficiency of loading/unloading.